Distrielec - Bertrange (LU)
2015 - 2017
Technical Manager - Electrical systems
Distrielec is an innovative company focusing on renewables energies with energy storage integration.
I am currently in charge of technical development. This includes the followings:
- Development of electronic sub-systems (hardware & software) for system's integration with Li-ion batteries. Prototyping and test.
- 3D CAD design for mechanical integration of large Li-ion battery pack.
- Select power converters (inverters, chargers) and storage (LiFePO4 & Lead-acid).
- Prepare schemes of power and control circuits for electrical cabinets subcontracting.
- On-site commissioning and technical assistance (Africa and Caribbean).
- Customer energy consumption data-logging and profiles analysis.
- After-sale service and online technical support FR/EN.
- Support to commercial team.
Soluxtec - Wasserbillig (LU)
2012 - 2014
Engineering Manager - Solar photovoltaic products
Soluxtec is a German photovoltaïc modules manufacturer. I was in charge of R&D activities and engineering team (4 peoples). My missions were:
- Organize R&D activities.
- Lead and give a workflow to the engineering team.
- Be proactive with innovation and new products.
- Manage solar projects.
- Development of productivity tools (quick design tool, 3D CAD tool).
- Support to quality department for caracterization of raw materials.
- Dispense and manage collaborator's training on new softwares or systems.
- Support to commercial team for customer request analysis.
- Technical support FR/EN for after sale service.
- Competitors/technologies monitoring.
S3D - Nantes (FR)
2011 - 2012
Project Engineer - Thermal systems
S3d is an engineering and consulting company dedicated to development of biomass to energy conversion process.
I was in charge of thermo-chemical process activity for wood and waste gasification (electricity production).
- Development of an innovative process for wood gasification. 3D CAD design, prototyping and lab tests.
- Feasibility and preliminary studies for combustion/gasification process.
- Support to mechanical engineers for bio-diesel production systems.
- Management of a small team (1 engineer & 1 technician).
- Reporting to top management.
- Redaction of project presentation for subside request
- Partnership management.
Ecole des Mines - Nantes (FR)
2007 - 2011
Research Engineer - Thermal systems
The Ecole des Mines de Nantes is a dynamic engineering school linked to applied research labs in fields of Energy and Process Engineering.
I had the opportunity to work in team of Engines and Alternatives Fuels where I was Research Engineer while my PhD contract.
My PhD's thesis deals with the development of a staged wood gasifier for electricity production with gas engines.
- Design, prototyping and test of an innovative staged wood gasifier for production of synthetic gas.
- Development of a simulation tool for an easy design of pyrolysis reactors.
- Teaching to engineer students (Master degree).
- Member of lab's security committee.
Download my PhD's thesis (FR only)